Wednesday 17 August 2011

Welcome!

Hi, and welcome to my blog, Mothers, not Martyrs

Who am I?  My name is Ashley and I am a mother with a husband and three children who are now 6, 4 and 3 years old - all boys.  At the moment I have one in Prep at school, one at 4YO kinder and one at home (and childcare).

Why start a blog?  I get so frustrated when I hear mothers talk at my various mother-centric places (school, kinder, childcare, playgroup, shopping centres, local shops etc), and invariably saying how life's hard with young children.  Well I'm certainly not going to say that life is easy with young children - it's certainly the hardest thing I have done in my life to date.  What I am going to say is there are so many ways that mothers make life harder for themselves, and it doesn't have to be this way.  I'm here to share.  I would love to learn from and hear your ideas and comments too - so bring it on!

What will you see on this blog?  Well, some home truths (no beating around the bush), some helpful suggestions to make your life a little easier with kids, and hopefully a bit of humour thrown in for good measure, some interesting activities to do with kids that are cheap or free and fun for everyone, and maybe even some asking for help if I have a problem too.

So, come on a journey with me through motherhood and give yourself a break once in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment